12 Ways to Start a Sentence is S4’s newest writing workshop, taught privately in one-on-one sessions. Although most students know that every sentence requires a subject and a verb, most do not know how to vary their sentence formations to improve fluency and generate interest.
This program teaches the important compositional skills of sentence variety and structure.
In addition, to 12 Ways, we also provide tutoring in the four principal types of writing:
S4’s writing tutoring program provides students with a deeper understanding and appreciation for grammar, a toolbox for writing with variety, and a lifelong love for the art of writing a powerful sentence, while strengthening skills of language and thinking.
In this program your student will learn to:
- Use elements of grammar, syntax, and punctuation
- Write original sentences following common, and uncommon, patterns
- Identify and imitate various sentence types in books and articles
- Revise drafts for a more compelling read by adding sentence variety
By the end of the program your student will have:
- An approach for writing more engaging compositions
- A deeper understanding and appreciation for grammar
- A sentence toolbox for writing with variety
- A lifelong love for the art of writing a powerful sentence
To find out more about this powerful writing program, call 203-307-5455, or email us.