Get Ready for College: Study Skills for College Students
One-on-One College Tutoring: Teaching Your Student The Skills Needed For College Readiness, And Success.
Are you sending your student to college this fall? Or is your student back after a college freshman year with lackluster results?
Our private College Tutoring Program will set your student up for academic success from the moment they set foot into their first class, to insure they are ready to attack and thrive in their new academic environment.
In this one-on-one service, we teach rising college, or returning freshmen, our evidence-based system of Study Skills, tools, and executive functioning strategies, of how to study, organize, and manage their workload in college, effectively and efficiently.
Our private in-home tutoring service focuses on building a strong study skills foundation needed for success in college.
Key concepts taught include:
- How to study smarter, not harder
- Note taking in lectures
- Note taking when reading
- Deciphering high level ideas and supporting details
- Visual thinking
- Syllabus management
- Staying motivated and focused
- Planning, organizing and managing time
- How to study and prepare for classes and tests
- Strategies for active reading, listening, and retention
- Task management
- How to stay attentive in class and stay focused
- Avoiding procrastination
- Focus, concentration, endurance, active listening, active learning
- Test taking strategies: before and during
- How to maximize time spent studying
Make sure your student goes to college with:
- A tool-chest of skills needed to succeed academically
- Strategies for effective and efficient studying
- A system to become an independent learner
Our private college tutoring service is offered in either four 90-minute sessions, or three two-hour sessions, for a total of six hours.
The time, dates, and location are at your student’s convenience, including Saturdays and Sundays.
As all of our 1:1 services, we tutor in Fairfield County, CT, and Westchester County, NY.
Successful Study Skills 4 Students will provide your student with the tools needed to develop strong study habits, boost grades, and have a successful academic experience in college.
Don’t Wait to Get Support.
Additional In-Home Private Tutoring Services
- Tutoring Services
- Writing Tutoring Services
- Math Tutoring Services
- Advanced Placement Tutoring
- College Essay Writing