John Read Middle School is Pleased to Host A Free Parent Seminar:
7 Skills All Students Need For Success
Open to All
In a one-hour highly dynamic, action-specific, and interactive seminar, learn what skills your student needs for success next year, and concrete ideas that can be implemented right away for better results and grades.
There is no charge for the program, but registration is requested.
When: Thursday, December 5, at 6:30 pm
JRMS Library Learning Commons
John Read Middle School
486 Redding Road
Redding, CT 06896
There is no cost to attend this workshop, but registration is requested.
What You Will Learn:
- What are the 7 skills all students need to be successful in school
- How should they prepare for tests
- How can your student eliminate distractions when they study
- How can your student avoid feeling overwhelmed
- Should your student study for a subject all in one shot, or over time
- What can you do as a parent support your student
“I found this seminar on study skills extremely helpful, and learned several new techniques I can use at home with both my 7th and 10th graders.” —Vickie B., Darien, Connecticut
Key study principles that will be discussed include:
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Note Taking
- Active Reading
- Active Listening
- Question Generation
- Using Graphic Organizers
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Test Preparation Strategies
- Stress Management
If you think your student would benefit from 1:1 tutoring in study skills, time management, executive functioning, test prep writing, math, Spanish, subject matter tutoring and more, call us. We can privately tutor your student in your home, on a day and time convenient to you, including weekends. Contact us: 203-307-5455, email.