5 WAYS TO PREVENT LEARNING LOSS AND
PREPARE YOUR STUDENT FOR FALL
A Free Parent Webinar for Parents of Elementary,
Middle & High School Students
In a 30-minute highly dynamic, action-specific, and interactive seminar, parents will learn best-practice, tools and strategies to prevent summer learning loss, and prepare their student for fall.
The occurrence of Summer Learning Loss – the summer slide – has been researched since 1906.
Research has concluded that over the summer:
- On average, students’ achievement scores declined by one month’s worth of school-year learning,
- Math decline was sharper than for reading
- High level the extent of loss was greater at higher grade levels (1)
This webinar will provide parents with concrete ideas they can use to combat this summer setback.
There is no charge for the program, but registration is required.
What you will learn:
- What are the 5 things your student can do to get ready for school
- What proven activities stop academic learning loss
- What can your student do this summer to get ahead this fall
- How to encourage your student’s personal and emotional growth
- Getting over quarantine fatigue
- What your student can do to build organization, attention, and executive skills
- How to reduce your student’s stress and anxiety
Albert Leonard Middle School PTA, New Rochelle, NY
Eastern Middle School PTA, Riverside, CT
Fairfield Warde High School, Fairfield, CT
Ludlowe High School, Fairfield, CT
Old Greenwich School PTA, Old Greenwich, CT
Western Middle School PTA, Greenwich, CT
Arch Street Teen Center, Greenwich, CT
The Depot Youth Center, Darien, CT
Trackside Teen Center, Wilton, CT
Ardsley Public Library, Ardsley, NY
Bedford Free Library, Bedford, NY
Chappaqua Public Library, Chappaqua, NY
Fairfield Public Library, Fairfield, CT
Lewisboro Library, Lewisboro, NY
Mount Kisco Public Library, Mount Kisco, NY
New Canaan Library, New Canaan, CT
New Rochelle Public Library, New Rochelle, NY
North Castle Public Library, Armonk, NY
Ossining Public Library, Ossining, NY
Pequot Library, Southport, CT
Ridgefield Library, Ridgefield, CT
Ruth Keeler Memorial Library, North Salem, NY
Rye Library, Rye, NY
Scarsdale Public Library, Scarsdale, NY
Somers Library, Somers, NY
The Purchase Free Library, Purchase, NY
The Warner Library, Tarrytown, NY
Want to offer this seminar to your community? Email us to find out how.
Interested in Our Virtual Tutoring?
Tutoring For Students
Short 30-minute virtual tutoring sessions designed to establish a clearly defined routine, structure, and system of accountability, while maintaining the highest levels of executive functioning skills. We also offer support on a subject-by-subject basis, including common-core math, Spanish, and writing.
Tutoring For Parents
1:1 virtual sessions with parents to teach them how to navigate the myriad of online tools that their student will be required to use.
For more information on our virtual services contact us at (203) 307-5455 or email info@S4StudySkills.com