Tutoring Services in Fairfield County, CT, Westchester, NY, and Online
Study Skills, Executive Functioning, Organization, Academic Subjects
At Your Convenience. On Your Schedule.
We help students get better grades with less stress and more efficiency and effectiveness, with our science-based study skills, executive functioning, and academic tutoring.
It’s not your imagination. Your student really does not know how to study. And when they do, they will do better in school. It’s that simple.
Our customized tutoring services will teach your student skills, tools, and strategies for learning and studying, as well as how to use and apply these skills across all of their academic subjects. In addition, we will help your student build good study habits that will take them through school, college, and into their careers.
Offering an unsurpassed level of individualized instruction, the key components of our customized tutoring services is to teach your student how to:
- Prioritize, plan, prepare, organize
- Manage time, keep a planner
- Organize and prioritize assignments and materials
- Take notes in class and when reading
- Initiate and complete projects, papers, and assignments, on-task, and on-time
- Study for tests, midterms, and finals
- Preventing and coping with stress and anxiety
Executive functioning strategies are also taught, including how to:
- Set goals
- Initiate tasks and complete assignments
- Focus and sustain attention
- Self-advocate, problem solve
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Make decisions
Putting into practice and applying these critical skills as it specifically applies to a student’s work, will provide a roadmap to success. Your student will get their work done, learn how to study in the most effective and efficient manner, and create life-long habits, for school, career, and life.
Our customized tutoring services are taught by our highly experienced, passionate, and committed teachers, who combine best practices with patience and empathy.
We will teach your student how to be independent and self-reliant, develop great habits, and become responsible for their own learning — so you no longer have to.
How it Works
All tutoring is scheduled at your convenience, including Saturday and Sunday, and during the day.
Services are offered in six-hour packages, with tutoring sessions usually of one hour in length.
In addition to the tutoring sessions, we also offer 15-minute morning and/or afternoon check-ins in between meetings. This will:
- Create accountability
- Provide focus and clarity on what needs to get done, and by when
- Help your student prioritize their day, and meet deadlines
The sooner we can start, the sooner your student will show positive outcomes, and get better grades.
Don’t wait! Contact us by email or at 203-307-5455.
What Parents Say About Our Tutoring Services
If Your Student Experiences Any of These Challenges, We Can Help
- Stresses and is anxious before tests and exams
- Was never taught, and doesn’t know how to study
- Always did well in school, but suddenly isn’t
- Studies hard but doesn’t do well on tests
- Gets inconsistent grades
- Loosing motivation and self-esteem
- Spends too much, or too little, time on homework
- Has homework battles and meltdowns
- Doesn’t know how to take notes
- Is disorganized, distracted, and procrastinates
- Has ADD/ADHD and doesn’t know how or where to focus
- Needs a structured and systematic approach to studying
What Your Student Will Learn
- How to take notes when reading and in a lecture/classroom
- How to understand the difference between high level ideas and supporting details
- How to clarify and simplify complex information
- How to plan, organize and manage time
- How to study and prepare for class and tests
- How to build on information for understanding and retention
- How to apply strategies for active reading, listening and retention
- How to complete assignments and projects on time without cramming
- Tools to stay attentive in class and stay focused
- How to study and stay on-task for precision, retention and speed
Support for Test Taking
- How to study and prepare for tests
- Prepare study guides, in advance of teachers providing them
- How to create and use study guides, notes, past quizzes, and tests
- Test prep essentials and how to remember critical information
- Time management before and during finals
- Strategies and pacing during the test
- How to reduce stress and anxiety pre and post-test taking
Benefits of S4’s Private Tutoring
- Better grades
- Improves academic performance
- Increases motivation, decreases stress
- Establishes proven learning habits
- Eliminates parent-child homework battles
- Prepares for higher learning
Advantages of our Tutoring Services
- Customized and personalized attention
- Clear and proven evidence-based methodology
- Increases subject-specific knowledge, understanding, and retention
- Improves student work habits
- On-time and thorough work completion
- Reduces procrastination
Who Benefits from S4’s Private Tutoring
- High-performing students who want better efficiency and effectiveness
- Disorganized, forgetful, and unfocused
- Poor time management
- Struggles with workload and confidence
- Doesn’t know how to study for tests and complete assignments
- Not engaged in school because of not knowing how to study