S4 Tutoring Services: Writing
Our 1:1 writing program provides students with one-on-one support with all phases of the writing process—from brainstorming, to revision, to final draft.
As with all of our tutoring services, we customize the way we work with each student. We establish a relationship of trust, and incorporate each student’s interests and goals into our approach.
Building on strengths, we provide solutions to overcome weaknesses, teaching problem-solving skills, to achieve an unmatched level of understanding, and eventual writing fluency.
Using your student’s own assignments, we teach the important compositional skills of writing with variety and structure in the four principal types of writing:
We focus on grammar, syntax, and punctuation, how to articulate themes, sentence structure, and word choice. We teach techniques to improve continuity and transitions between ideas and paragraphs.
Emphasis is placed on the writing process, including the importance of pre-writing and revision.
15-Minute Morning and/or Afternoon Check Ins
In addition to comprehensive tutoring sessions, of :30 to :45-minutes, one hour, or more, we also offer 15-minute morning and/or afternoon check Ins. This will:
- Create accountability
- Provide focus and clarity of what needs to get done, and by when
- Help your student prioritize their day, and meet deadlines
- All tutoring is scheduled at your convenience, including Saturday and Sunday, and during the day.
- Services are offered in six-hour packages, used in :30, :45-minutes, 1-hour, or longer.
- 15-minute morning and/or afternoon check ins are also offered (see above)
Don’t wait to get started! Contact us email or 203-307-5455.
Why Families Should Use
S4 For Students
How S4 Study Skills Improves Student Outcomes