Workshops and Tutoring Services for Essential Study Skills & Life Skills
In our evidence-based Middle and High School Essential Study Skills workshops and tutoring services, students learn logical, practical, and step-by-step study skills, including organizing, taking notes, managing time, preparing for tests, and using executive functioning strategies.
These are essential and foundational skills, not only for school, but for life.
In our Study Skills workshop, your student will learn to:
- Set goals
- Plan, organize, and manage time
- Use and apply executive functions
- Take notes when reading and listening
- Prepare study guides, in advance for teachers providing them
- Complete assignments and projects on time without cramming
- Study for long-term retention, and prepare for class, tests, and finals
- Apply strategies for active reading and listening
- Focus and maintain attention
- Self-advocate and problem solve
- How to study to stay on-task and on-track
- Feel confident in their abilities
- Prevent and reduce stress and anxiety
Your student should take this workshop if they:
- Want better grades
- Want to study with greater ease and efficiency
- Would benefit from time management and executive functioning
- Need organization skills
- Want to reduce stress and feeling overwhelmed
- Want to become an independent learner
- Needs organizational and study skills
- Would benefit from these essential life skills
Workshops and tutoring services are offered both online and in-person, as specified below.
The Depot Youth Center
25 Heights Road
Darien, CT 06820-4120
The Summer 2023 Schedule is Here!
- Workshops are $395, with a 10% sibling or referral discount
- Workshops are 4.5 hours: three 1.5-hour sessions
- Limited to 6 students online, 15 students in person
- Can be scheduled conveniently for your student and 4 of their friends
- Parent review email sent after each session
- Post-session templates and resources included
All elements of the workshop may be tutored to your student one-on-one using your student’s own academic materials.
Why are Study Skills So Important
- Essential Study Skills
- Essential Reading & Writing Skills
What High School Students Say About Us
What Middle School Students Say About Us
Don’t want to wait for a scheduled Study Skills Workshop?
Coordinate a workshop for your student and their friends on your time!
We make it easy!
All you need to do is determine where and when you would like us to host the three 1.5-hour workshop sessions (total of 4.5 hours), and we will do the rest!
(Minimum number of 4 students.)
Call or email us to learn more: 203-307-5455, info@S4StudySkills.com.