In our evidence-based Middle and High School Essential Study Skills workshop, students learn logical, practical, and step-by-step study skills, including how to organize, take notes, manage time, prepare for tests, and use executive functioning strategies.
These are essential and foundational skills, not only for school, but for life.
Schedule this workshop for your middle or high school student on a day and time convenient to you, and 4 of their friends.
We make it easy! All you need to do is give us three days and times and we will do the rest! Three 1.5-hour sessions for a total of 4.5 hours.
In this workshop, your student will learn to:
- Plan, organize and manage time and executive function
- Take notes when reading and listening
- Complete assignments and projects on time without cramming
- Study and prepare for class, tests, finals
- Apply strategies for active reading and listening
- How to study to stay on-task and on-track
- Feel confident in their abilities
- Prevent and reduce stress and anxiety
Your student should take this class if they:
- Want better grades
- Want to study with greater ease and efficiency
- Would benefit from time management, organization, and executive functioning
- Want to reduce stress and feeling overwhelmed
- Want to become an independent learner
- Needs organizational and study skills
All workshops are online unless otherwise specified below.
In Person Workshops
Sasco River Center
330 Boston Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
August 23, 24, 25
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Middle School: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- High School: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Congregation B’Nai Yisrael
2 Banksville Road
(at Route 22)
Armonk, NY 10504
August 29, 30, 31
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Middle School: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- High School: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Workshops are $395, with a 10% sibling or referral discount
- Workshops are 4.5 hours: three 1.5-hour sessions
- Limited to 6 students, online, 10 students in person
- Can be scheduled conveniently for your student and 4 of their friends
- Parent review email sent after each session
- Materials, if relevant, are included
All elements of the workshop may be tutored to your student one-on-one using your student’s own academic materials.
Why are Study Skills So Important